[rescue] IBM 6611-170

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Feb 16 12:48:19 CST 2002

I'm interested in some of this, too. I have a 6611 (intact, with HDD,
token ring card, built-in ethernet, etc). It boots, runs, etc. The only
thing I *don't* have is the root p/w. Bummer. I also don't have another
AIX box to mount the drive on and edit the p/w file. I also can't see
that any of the Unix boxes I *do* have (Solaris 7, 8, SunOS 4.0.3, Linux
2.2, FreeBSD 4.3, HP-UX 10.20, SCO Unix) will mount an AIX drive.

I also have a (hosed, I think) 7011-250 that was the original purchase
and object to get running... It complains of a SCSI error every time an
internal drive is hooked up I think... It was pretty beat up when I
bought it off eBay. Seller felt bad when I gently complained and sent me
this 6611 gratis! Pretty nice.

So, Dave, I'd gladly part with this (I can't do much with it as is
except hold onto it hoping to get access to some machine that'll mount
the drive) if I can find some way to get a working RS600 of some *other*
type. You can send me a private email if you're interested or wqant more
details on this thing.

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine