[rescue] what is this DEC item?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Feb 16 08:58:47 CST 2002

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2003198185
> >
> > and how useful is it with non-DEC hw?
> >
> That is a storage works cabinet intended to connect to a DSSI equiped DEC
> machine. Think VAX :)

Actually, with no description of the controller it may be SCSI or DSSI.
The HSDxx controllers are DSSI, the HSZxx controllers are SCSI, the
HSJxx controllers are CI, and the HSGxx controllers are FC.  The
controller in that cabinet could be an HSDxx or HSZxx.

> As you can see it has no drives.
>
> I have one of those in my warehouse (yepper it is for sale) Same setup
> except no DSSI controllers. The shelves speak narrow SCSI.

The shelves could be wide SCSI.  Again, without more specific
information on the actual items included it's hard to tell.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net