[rescue] Re: soon available: Indigo2s, SS20s...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Feb 15 12:59:18 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Al Potter wrote:

> > > BTW, how does one define "metric decibuttload"..?   :)
> > Why, that would be one tenth of a standard unprefixed metric buttload.
> > "What's that in imperial buttloads?"
>
> >From the lessons I was required to memorize as a pledge, following
> standard practice, a metric buttload is ~10% more than your standard,
> or imperial buttload.  A fsckload is 10x a buttload, in case you were
> wondering.

I consider a metric buttload to be a rounder buttload than an imperial
buttload, and a buttload generally is what can fit in my car.

It turns out this was an entire imperial buttload... I packed my Aerostar
to the roof with my stuff... and it's now in low-rider mode. Looks like
most of the SS20s have memory, disk, and cpu; half of the Indigo2s have ZX
graphics badges on the front; and there is a true decibuttload of Type 5
Sun keyboards and mice.

For those of you who have contacted me... I will be in touch as I get
stuff tested. If any latecomers are interested, be aware I have a long
list, but I will give preference to local San Jose area people to avoid
the pain of shipping. Thanks to everyone for your interest... I'll have
more details soon.

> All of these weights and measurements are, IIRC, derived from the RCH,
> the smallest unit of measurement.  One cubic RCH of unobtanium has the
> equivalent mass of one bogon, and the rest build from there. I will
> leave it as an exercise for the student to derive the meaning of the
> acronym "RCH."

In my measurement of RCH, I've found very limited tolerance, but great
absorbency.

--Rob