[rescue] printer setup

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:03:18 CST 2002

(Since no one else is responding...)
sambo wrote:

> I've got a handle on all the lpadmin stuff and know where
> the files are and what goes in /etc/lp/printers etc, but is
> there an easy way for the other guy to get his printer set up?

   Why not just email him the correct lpadmin commands and let him type
them, or log in remotely and do it for him? I'm afraid I don't get the
question. (It should be pointed out that I _am_ pretty obtuse.)
   Is it a networked printer? You can (as I mentioned) use Admintool to set
up access to an LP-enabled Windows queue, and if it's an HP, Sun says to
install and use HP's JetAdmin to send the jobs right to the printer.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt