[rescue] DiskSuite configuration suggestions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Feb 14 02:48:13 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 02:58:39AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> I don't have experience with DiskSuite but have always been partial to
> RAID 10 or 0+1.  Each disk is mirrored by a second disk(level 1), then
> striped (level 0) for speed.  Downside is that 4x18GB drives = 36GB of
> space under such a scheme.

Okay, how is this different from:

stripe, containing two disks
mirror the stripe

e.g.:

bash-2.03$ metastat
d20: Mirror
    Submirror 0: d10
      State: Okay
    Submirror 1: d11
      State: Resyncing
    Resync in progress: 1 % done
    Pass: 1
    Read option: roundrobin (default)
    Write option: parallel (default)
    Size: 70722408 blocks

d10: Submirror of d20
    State: Okay
    Size: 70722408 blocks
    Stripe 0: (interlace: 64 blocks)
        Device              Start Block  Dbase State        Hot Spare
        c2t0d0s2                   0     No    Okay
        c2t1d0s2                4712     No    Okay

d11: Submirror of d20
    State: Resyncing
    Size: 70722408 blocks
    Stripe 0: (interlace: 64 blocks)
        Device              Start Block  Dbase State        Hot Spare
        c2t2d0s2                   0     No    Okay
        c2t3d0s2                4712     No    Okay

Or is it the same thing functionally and performance-wise?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net