[rescue] FSCKing OpenBSD!

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Feb 13 20:07:01 CST 2002

I hate this.

I build a new box for a nameserver, using Openbsd 3.0, because it's supposed
to be fast AND secure.  Then (after I get the box built) I find out that not
only does it only have BIND4 on it, but the only binary package offered for
OpenBSD 3.0 for Bind is BIND9.  all my stuff is in BIND8, and besides, I
d'wanna learn BIND9, I just want another secondary nameserver...
Anyway, I go for the ports tree (ports is your friend...) and 'make install'
... kernel panic.  Okay, maybe a bad download, so I delete the .gz and 'make
clean' and start over (yes, the MD5 is OK).  Kernel panic.  : |
Okay-fine.  I go to the net and download the latest and greatest BIND8
sources, Untar them, check the dependencies... ok there... set up the
environment, make links - make depend - make all - ... - Kernel Panic.

I quit.

Screw OpenBSD.  I'm going back to NetBSD.