[rescue] ss 10 disk mounting grommets

Brent B.Powers powers at b2pi.com
Tue Feb 12 13:24:33 CST 2002

Those little buggers used to mount a drive into a sparc 10 are
expensive. You can get them on ebay for 7.95 for a set of 4. Plus
shipping.... You can get them from MemoryX (I think) for 11 bucks or
so (I think)....

After checking one supplier after another, and even talking to a
plastics shop about manufacturing them.... I went to hardware store,
bought four flat-head phillips 6/32 x 7/16 screws, and four 9/16"
rubber grommets. These were attached to the drive, and slipped into
the mounting hardware.

Warning: With these in your classic Jag, you won't win a concours
d'elegance. Your drives will stay in place. Interestingly enough, I'm
selling ss10 drive mounting kits for $6.95 each. These kits are
guaranteed non-doa. For an additional $100, you can have the Brooklyn
Bridge. Shipping is extra.