[rescue] Disappearing SCSI hard disks

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Feb 12 00:33:03 CST 2002

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 01:32 am, you wrote:
> > did you say this beast had two scsi busses in it?
>
> It has two SCSI devices, but only one bus (the builtin one). On that bus,
> the internal HD has ID 3 (non-terminated) and the external CDROM has ID 6
> (and is terminated).

The CDROM is in an enclosure?
I reccomend setting the CDROM as non-terminated (itself) and placing an
active terminator on the scsi-out connector of the enclosure (if it isn't
this way already.)

If this CDROM is known to work (in this enclosure, with this cabling
arrangement) on another machine of like kind, then I think we have about
exhausted the termination issue.

George