[rescue] grr

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:38:44 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:31:09PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> in openboot:
>
> setenv boot-device disk

Yeah, that does it.  I thought it was a setenv command, but I couldn't remeber
what the environment variable was.

> (or is it "boot sd(0,3,0)"?  been a long time since I've touched a ss2..)

This command will boot the machine, but not set the default.  I have OpenBoot
version 2.  I don't know if this was default in SS2s, or if I just have a
newer prom.

Now, I just have to figure out how to make a boot CD.  My first try didn't
work.  The CD was readable, but I screwed up the directory structure on it.
Now for try number 2.

--
Joshua D. Boyd