[rescue] SGI Video - PC Monitor

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 11 20:40:08 CST 2002

> I'd love to be able to put the Indigo 2 on a KVM switch with the other
PC's
> to save desk space on monitors.

Firstly, you need a monitor that can do Sync on Green (SOG).  If your
monitor does this, the next thing you need is a 13w3 to hd15 convertor - I
think CDW still carries them.  Set your monitor to SOG, break off all the
little pins (leaving the tiny coax connectors untouched) on your 13w3 ->
hd15 convertor, and connect it all together and turn it on.  You shouldn't
have any problems.  This is the setup I currently use on my Indy and
Indigos.

Oh, and tell the RE-PC guy to get a clue...

Kurt