[rescue] SGI Video - PC Monitor

Dan Canaan flinters at picarefy.com
Mon Feb 11 19:57:52 CST 2002

Okay, when all else fails, I come to this list since the folks here seem to
know something about everything.  So, here we go.

I'm trying to get video on a SGI Indigo 2 working.  We've got a great
connector and I'm sure it's putting out some sort of signal, but I need to
figure out how to hook this up to a monitor.  I'd *like* to be able to hook
it to a SVGA monitor, but I've been told by a local 'expert' at RE-PC in
Tukwila, WA , that it's impossible to hook an SGI up to anything other than
an SGI monitor.  Hmph.  Somehow I don't really believe that.  I'm sure I
can hook it up to a Sony or some other monitor, perhaps even to a proper
SVGA monitor.  Is this possible?  Do I just need a 13W3-HD15 converter?  If
so, is there a particular one that it likes more than others?

I'd love to be able to put the Indigo 2 on a KVM switch with the other PC's
to save desk space on monitors.

Suggestions?  Am I doomed to find a used SGI monitor?