[rescue] Re: Extinct OSs

Brent B.Powers powers at b2pi.com
Sun Feb 10 18:20:18 CST 2002

    >> Indeed, there's an OS/2 machine on every desk at every Bank of
    >> America branch that I've ever been in.  And many ATMs run OS/2.
    >> Now mind you, I'm not a huge fan of OS/2...but face it, it's
    >> all over the place, and it won't be going away any time soon.
    >>

    James> Yup.  I recently saw an ATM who's ATM application had
    James> crashed with an OS/2 error.

That brings back a somewhat painful memory. The monitors that used to
broadcast the news, weather, upcoming events, etc. all over the World
Trade Centter (in particular the bridge over the Highway to the
WorldFi) were all run by a single Amiga. I remember going over one
morning, and actually _recognizing_ the Guru Meditation Code.