PA-RISC/NeXTstep (was Re: [rescue] hp-ux)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Mon Feb 11 09:07:36 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:42:12AM -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > thinking that I want a db server, I have a spare pa-risc box here (it is
> > meant to be a nextstep box, but I've been running into trouble with that),
>
>  A friend of mine has a 712/80 with NeXTstep 3.3 on it, but we've been
> having trouble getting it to the usable state -- mainly due to an apparent
> lack of available compilers ... anyone have any pointers to a precompiled
> gcc? Or should we just keep looking for the NeXTstep Developer kit?

Would it be possible to build a cross-compiler if gcc support code
generation for this beast and the system stuff could be copied over.

>  Any good binary archives for PA-RISC/NeXTstep stuff? Most of what we've
> found either isn't up any longer or isn't PA-RISC.

There should be "Fat"(?) binaries somewhere that contain all archs
supported. Have you waded through peanuts yet? It's not much but I don't
think there's a very wide NeXT community =(

--
It's 6 o'clock in the morning. Do you know where your stack pointer is?