[rescue] Re: Looking for a monitor...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 10 07:04:17 CST 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 07:29:13AM -0500, Julius Sridhar wrote:
> Sun still offers 23"s?

Er, 24"s.

They sell a 17", an 18.1" LCD (which isnt that great; I have two of them),
the 21", and the 24" widescreen.

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hw/peripherals/monitors.html

I've got one of the 17"s and another newer-revision 21" on my desk at
work (I have some beige 21s here, the one at work is a gray/purple slightly
newer model, but the picture is the same).  The 17" is about what you'd
expect from a cheap $100 PC-commodity SVGA monitor, which is what it is.

The 18.1" LCDs are actually Samsung Syncmaster 800TFTs with a Sun badge on
them.  I'm *really* glad I didnt pay for mine; they suck at anything other
than 1280x1024, and even then, you can tell its an analog signal coming in.

Best LCD screens i've ever seen were the Apple ones.  Got to play with one of
the new iMacs today at Frys; the screens on them are just as good as the
22" Cinema Displays I've seen.  Nice and sharp and BRIGHT and good colors.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net