[rescue] Re: Looking for a monitor...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Feb 9 11:37:03 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 10:24:29AM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:
> I thought that was the Sun way to make a monitor! I have some older Sun monitors
> (as well as some other trinitrons with various names on them) that are all 20" (or
> maybe slightly bigger) that all must weigh more than 100# each! Maybe that was just
> the way Sony made the old trinitron monitors?

Sun has never made monitors.. they just put their label on the front of a
Sony.  Same with SGI.

(course, the 17"s and 15"s are even worse;  I think the *worst* monitor I
 ever had was a Sun-badged 15" that was so round you would have thought it
 was a fishbowl.. but Sony doesent make anything for Sun except the 19"s,
 21"s, and I think the 23"s... the 18.1" LCDs are Samsung Syncmaster 800TFTs)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net