[rescue] OT: SGI Power series help

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Sat Feb 9 02:14:47 CST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Geoff Koehler wrote:

I got a message like that in my oooold 4d/440 long time ago (I think,
something like 4 yrs ago, so I might be a bit fuzzy). So there are a
couple things you can try;

a) Take all the boards and re-set them in place, for some reason my
machine was in storage for a looong time and this was one of the side
effects.

b) Or you might have some defective simms, try pulling the memory board
and take the memory out, then start to repreplenish the board to see if
any of the simms were bad.

hope this helps. If not try to see what LEDs (the ones present on the
CPU boards) are on when the machine halts.

Hope this helps, cheers!