[rescue] Personal Progressions

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Sat Feb 9 00:13:06 CST 2002

I don't know.  I like PS/2's and I like the 80's case better than the
77's I had.  Plus the Reply Powerboard upgrades the machine to the top
of the 486 line.  It is my first (only really) Microchannel based
machine.  I had a 77 set up for my Dad for awhile, but I didn't use it.
Also it's a computer that I have acutely gotten up and running and have
used quite a lot.  Many of my other machines aren't actually set up
yet.  I need to go through the RS6000, still.  I haven't yet hacked into
my MicroVax 3400, and I have decided against keeping the PDP11/73.  My
time, and sometimes my attention span is short!

I am going to re-setup the Model 80 soon.  I was running a stripped down
Win98.  I picked up Warp3 on Ebay, for it, but I couldn't get it to
install with the HPFS file system.  I decided to give that up when I
found an uninstalled box of SCO Open Desktop.  I will install that, when
I re-evaluate my installed cards and drives.

I don't even have a Sun!!  I joined this list when I was looking to get
an 670mp.  I haven't found one cheap enough or close enough yet.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA