[rescue] Personal Progressions

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Fri Feb 8 19:49:06 CST 2002

Julius Sridhar skrev:

>On 9 Feb 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

>> I'd like to have one to run NetBSD or OS/2 (or perhaps AIX/2, haven't
>> tried that =). Then I could have that as a network server or router or
>> firewall and put it just about anywhere. I'd probably feel safe
>> leaving it out in the corridor on a friday night and no matter what
>> people would do to it, it'd probably survive. =)

>I believe NetBSD has even gone production-capable for MCA machines.

Indeed it has, I run a model 70 with 1.5Z (it's not integrated in the 1.5.2
release, but it's been in -current since late last year and will be integrated
in the 1.6 release) up on the net 24/7. It's supposed to be my router, but
since some IPF thingamajiggies seem to be missing from the snapshot kernel,
that's not worked out yet.
OTOH, the model 70 (and probably 80) is just about the only machine you can
realistically run it on as of yet, since the IBM SCSI support isn't finished
yet (I had to cram NetBSD onto the 70's 120 MB ESDI drive).

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Remember:
- On the Amiga, you can make a way.
- On Linux, there is a way, you just don't know it.
- On Windows, there is no way and you know it.
  Aaron Digulla