[rescue] Personal Progressions

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Fri Feb 8 19:23:47 CST 2002

Bill Bradford skrev:

>On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:41:24PM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>> PS/2s simply feel so ruggedly IBMish. They reek quality. When I told a
>> friend of mine a while ago about the industrial PS/2 line, he was
>> surprised. The normal PS/2s are so rugged, he didn't think there was a need
>> for special industrial versions.

>They had/have an *industrial* line?  Woah.

Alfred Arnold has pictures of one of the earlier models at
http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/ (served off his Sun 3/260!)

>"A tank that runs DOS"

I'd like to have one to run NetBSD or OS/2 (or perhaps AIX/2, haven't tried
that =). Then I could have that as a network server or router or firewall and
put it just about anywhere. I'd probably feel safe leaving it out in the
corridor on a friday night and no matter what people would do to it, it'd
probably survive. =)

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Php/fi: The syntax does a very good job on combining the drawbacks of C with
the disadvantages of Perl, in general resulting in a completely unreadable
sequence of seemingly random characters. Therefor it became quite popular
among Unix-fossils.
 -- README for the HTML preprocessor "hsc"