[rescue] Personal Progressions

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 15:15:11 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Sigh.  I don't require speed.  But still, being attached to an IBM PC?  To
> have that feeling usually means that the machine did something special for
> you.  Kinda like how people feel about their first car, etc.

We're not talking Craptivas here. Old PS/2 s are pretty darn close to what
folks around here call "real computers". At least for desktop use. It loses
some points for being Intel, but MCA works pretty decent.

My Model 80 rates as being my tallest computer. As well as the computer most
likely to withstand getting run over by my car. As for its qualifications
for being a great table leg, I'd put it up against a 3/260 any day. (-:

Sure, it wasn't *designed* to run unix, but it is still a solid machine.

If you go to comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware you will find the people there scorn
the "typical" IBM PC. The only thing they scorn more is people posting
trying to sell hot playstations.

--jeff