[rescue] 10Base-FL

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Fri Feb 8 15:00:38 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd skrev:

>On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:12:04PM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>> Julius Sridhar skrev:
>>
>> >Anyone know where I can get some 10Base-FL transceivers cheap?
>>
>> What's the benefit from running Ethernet over fibre?

>You get to brag about it.

Sums up why I'd go get it, plus the obscurity points, which is pretty much the
same thing. =)

>Also, you get electrical seperation, which some people feel more comfterble
>with when running ethernet between buildings.

Good idea. But don't you run ARCnet between buildings? =)

>Couldn't tell you why he wants it, but I bet it is related to one of those
>two reasons.

Number one, I'd wager. =)

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

BSD:  A psychoactive drug, popular in the 80s, probably developed at UC
Berkeley or thereabouts.  Similar in many ways to the prescription-only
medication called "System V", but infinitely more useful. (Or, at least, more
fun.)  The full chemical name is "Berkeley Standard Distribution".