[rescue] Personal Progressions

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Feb 8 13:23:25 CST 2002

Before this thread peters out completely...
(no offense Mr. Wargo =) )

First video game console: Atari 2600
First computer used: Apple II+
First computer owned: Atari 800XL
First computer that I really got into: Apple II+
First Sun used: 3/50
First Sun owned: 3/80 [1]
First SPARC owned: IPX
First SMP machine: SPARC 10, 2xSM51 [2]
First root account on a "real" system: Data General AOS/VS machine [3]
Biggest machine with an account: 6 processor Enterprise 3000 [4]
Smallest machine: Palm Vx
First Unix: Interactive UNIX for 386 [5]
First used 'net: 1990 [6]

--Kurt

[1] Got it when RIT was getting rid of their sun 3s. I asked my buddy
to snag me a 3/80, not realizing that a 3/60 or 3/50 would've been much
easier to run for me.  No OS media =(
[2] Although I just got the 2nd SM51, so techinically "none" =)
[3] Don't know the make.  And it was "superuser" not root... Someone with
superuser privelges left themselves logged in.  Got into trouble on that one...
What can I say, I was young and stupid.
[4] Machine I'm doing this email on right now...
[5] Although at the same time I used whatever flavor of UNIX Cetia workstations
used... I wasn't aware of what flavors there were back then.
[6] Although I may have "used" the net as early as '83, if sending an email
to Australia from a Data General system counts as using the net.  I don't know
if it was the "net" or what.  I was 11 at the time, I was just impressed I
talked to a guy in Australia.