[rescue] Personal Progressions

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Fri Feb 8 10:39:23 CST 2002

First video game console: Atari 2600
First computer used: Commodore Vic 20
First computer owned: Commodore Vic 20, but it was really my uncles.
The first computer I really owned was much later, and IBM PC and XT.
1996 probably.

First computer that I really got into: Apple //e
First Sun used: never used one, unfortunetly
First Sun owned: NA
First Sparc owned: NA
First SMP machine: NA
Favorite machine: IBM PS/2 Model 80 with Reply Powerboard
Biggest computer: VAX 3400
Smallest computer: Apple //e, I suppose
First Unix: SCO, very little, However
First non-pc OS used: OpenVMS (in college on Vax cluster account, mainly
for email and usenet)
First web browser: Netscape Navigator
Favorite web browser: I'm using IE, now, but I don't like the idea of
using $MS
Favorite OS: DOS, although I don't currently use it, unless you count
Win98 as "fancy" DOS.
Most valuable (to me) computer: IBM PS/2 Model 80 with Reply Powerboard
Most valuable (monetary value) computer: Probably my PC,
unfortunetly.... hangs head in shame
Best Rescue: MicroVax 3400 $30 plus gas :-)
Latest computer: IBM RS6000 7013-530
Next computer : Maybe older Mac.... I keep seeing tham at GoodWill :-)
Computer I wish I had never bought: Mac Plus... paid too much, can't
really use it easily with 800K drives, don't like it :-(

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA