[rescue] Re: Personal Progressions

bill pointon wpointon at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 14:42:55 CST 2002

First video game console owned: none - but my kids have had everything
since ~nintendo
First computer used: sliderule then pdp 7? 8? very briefly at a spacewar
session late one freshman night in 69-70
First computer owned: sliderule from ~ 6th grade till ti99-4a in ~79-80
First computer that I really got into: ti99-4a -- had a nice sound
synthesizer -- then apple IIe
First Suns owned: 3/80 and some ss1's,1+,& 2 all in one lot
First SPARC owned: some ss1's,1+,& 2 all in one lot
First SMP machine owned: homebuilt with everex dual p90 motherboard
Favorite machine: most used now is mac g4 733 w/osx
Biggest machine: alphaserver 2000
Favorite OS: osx at the moment
Latest purchase: RS/6000 42T (when it arrives)

-- billp