[rescue] Re: CRAY-2 coolant

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 7 12:24:40 CST 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: sej at mail.gofast.net [mailto:sej at mail.gofast.net]
~ byproduct turned out to be phosgene gas. This is what precipitated the

I have heard of two instances where someone was working with a degreaser
(one was blanket cleaner used in print shops) on very hot metal rollers. One
person I met personally, the other is an employee of a friend. In each case,
the person passed out cold and when they came to, they had NO memory. No
learning, almost no language, didn't recognize family, had to go back to
primary school and enter grade 1. I was told that the suspected chemical
created by the heat + degreaser was phosgene, but no website lists this as
an affect of exposure.

Will phosgene do this? If not, what will?