[rescue] Cray liquid (was: SS10/20 death)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Feb 7 10:37:57 CST 2002

> Anyone know what that liquid was, and whether it can still be purchased?

I exchanged emails with a guy about a year (or maybe two) ago that used to
decommission Crays and resell them.  One of the steps in decommissioning the
beast was to drainthe fluid and NOT SPILL ANY OF IT.  Apparetly not because
it was toxic, but because it is *very* valuable and can be sold to current
cray owners, and SGI even buys it back.  I can't recall the value, but the
price-per-gallon made my go >boggle<....

Kurt