[rescue] SS10/20 death

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Wed Feb 6 19:20:59 CST 2002

Cool!  From what I've seen, one of the biggest problems facing potential
rescues is proper decomissioning (at least for the larger boxen).  A
box w/ software & docs has to be worth at least two in the bush.
That, and available space has a bit to do with it....I had a Logicon
LI1000E in my living room for a few months.  It was a clone of an IBM
1130 with a pair of MRX660 top-loaders hanging off it.  Card input.
Spoke Fortran IV.  They got out of the emulator biz when a little outfit
in Mass. got upset with their use of the unibus in the CPU.  It was a
fun box, but the 29M disks were 50% bigger than a Crimson, and that
house was a whopping 760 sq. ft.
-ls-