[rescue] Wouldn't it be a hoot: (was: Death of a PDP-11/Clueless office people...)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Feb 6 15:41:58 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:10:04AM -0500, Big Endian wrote:

> yeah... its the SLA that you pay $600/ month MORE than I do for
> similar service, and you don't really NEED the SLA either.

no, but i need high speed access.  and my options are limited here to dialup,
ISDN or a T1.  i refuse to pay for ISDN since it's FAR too expensive for what
you get.  it also helps that work is paying almost $200/month, my neightbor
will be paying almost $200/month and another friend who will be getting a dry
copper pair will be paying $100/month.  add the $75 for some of the hosting i
do, and we are looking at $575 of my $853 bill is being paid by other people
than myself.  so it's not nearly as bad a deal as it seems.  :)

-brian