[rescue] SS10/20 death

Julius Sridhar vance at ikickass.org
Wed Feb 6 14:53:47 CST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Robert Rose wrote:

> OK, I'll play too...

Here goes:

> Um, I never owned one.

ColecoVision.

> Commodore VIC-20 (might also count as first video game console if you want)

DEC PDP-11/70

> An original IBM-PC that I rescued in 1990.

DEC MicroVAX 3200

> 4/370 surplus from work in 1996.

3/80

> Sparc 10/512 that I paid $1k for in 1997.

SPARCstation IPX

As an aside, a Sun 4/370 is a SPARC machine...

> Sparc 10 as above.

RS/6000 F30

> And again.

Sun 4/690MP dual SM81

> Surprisingly, not the Sparc 10.  At the moment the O2.

S/390 G5

> E10K, 40 x 400MHz.
> Do mainframes count?  If Sridhar plays then I guess so.  In that case, I
> should probably mention that I work for a sub-contractor to IBM and have an
> account one one of their internal systems.  Mmmm.. big!

The biggest machine I ever had an account on was fshvmdc.fishkill.ibm.com
which is a parallel sysplex of 16 machines, each of which is a
10-processor IBM z900 with many many GB of primary storage a TB of
secondary storage and 10's of TB of disk.

Peace...  Sridhar