SM[567]1/HyperSPARC comparison (was RE: [rescue] SS10/20 death)

Jeff Brendle bli at psu.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:03:08 CST 2002

>howdy bligh, nice to see you actually posting instead of just lurking. :)
>
>everyone, i want you to meet the guy who introduced me to UNIX.  he gave me
>an account on an IBM RT running 4.3 BSD 10 years ago.  i owe my geekiness to
>him. :)

well, Wonko, in that case you might be interested to hear that I have
two people to teach basics to again.... and I think I want to drag
the ol' beasties out of the closet and into the office for another go
at being someone's "first UNIX experience". No fancy GUIs, just plain
old command lines of 4.3 ... god knows how many holes are in these
old things, but do you really think a script-kiddie would find 'em?
=-)
-me
--

Jeff Brendle                Office: 248A Deike Bldg./(814)865-3257/fax 863-7708
Desktop Support Spv.       Home:   #210 Parkgate 349 Toftrees Ave.