[rescue] SS10/20 death

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 6 12:54:04 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 February 2002 10:40 pm, you wrote:
> > I got a 4-way PPro Proliant 6000 with 4 GB RAM, 3 drive cages, 2 2DH (?)
> > RAID controllers and chock full of 9GB 10K RPM disks from work for free.
> > Convinced them it was more work to try and sell it.  .  . <grin>
> >
> > It runs Solaris Intel just fine.
> >
> > Oh and I had to take the 3-way PPro PL5000 too. They _made_ me!
>
> Jeez, where do you work? that little red and white building at the North Pole?
>
> Some Guys have all the luck...

Speaking of which, I have this really crappy Acer P200 with a 1MB Video
card onboard that I use at work, and after wiping out Windows 2000 and
installing Solaris 8, I finally have some nirvana at work.  I had
forgotten what made me love this OS so... and my last Solaris Intel
experience was with 2.5.1 back in college.  It's just great... so much
snappier.  My Pentium Pro would just sit there and churn in Win2K (128MB
RAM and an 8MB ATI) pausing quite a bit for inordinate amounts of time.
This thing just takes load beautifully, even on crappy ass Intelware.  I
wonder how it'd do on my dual Pro 200 1MB at home.

Andrew
There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.