[rescue] SS10/20 death

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Wed Feb 6 05:13:37 CST 2002

OK, I'll play too...

At 09:25 PM 5/02/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> >>  First video game console: Fairchild Channel F
Um, I never owned one.

> >>  First computer: TI-99/4A
Commodore VIC-20 (might also count as first video game console if you want)

> >>  First computer that I really got into: Amiga 1000
An original IBM-PC that I rescued in 1990.

> >>  First Sun: 3/50 with 19" mono monitor. 1995.
4/370 surplus from work in 1996.

> >>  First SPARC: SPARCstation 1 that I paid $700 for in 1995
Sparc 10/512 that I paid $1k for in 1997.

> >>  First SMP machine: Dual-66Mhz BeBox
Sparc 10 as above.

> >> First SMP SPARC: SS10, dual SM41s
And again.

> >>  Favorite machine:  Probably that first SS1.  It kicked ass.
Surprisingly, not the Sparc 10.  At the moment the O2.

> >>  "biggest" computer I've had an account on: E6500 at work.
E10K, 40 x 400MHz.
Do mainframes count?  If Sridhar plays then I guess so.  In that case, I
should probably mention that I work for a sub-contractor to IBM and have an
account one one of their internal systems.  Mmmm.. big!

Rob.