[rescue] Re: SM[567]1/HyperSPARC comparison

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 5 20:07:40 CST 2002

On February 5, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > >   I've mixed speeds in mbus machines plenty of times.  It works fine.
> >
> > I think http://mbus.sunhelp.org/ has the best sounding advice on this.
> >
> > "You should not mix MXCC cache-controllers of differing major revisions,
> > on the same MBus/XBus."
>
> Sounds like good advice to me.

  Well like I said, I've mixed clock speeds, and it worked...reliably.
I didn't pay attention to the revisions...in the three or four
situations in which I've done this, there was a desperate
time-critical need for processing power and I used what I had
available.  Desperate times call for desperate measures, yadda yadda.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire