[rescue] SS10/20 death

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Feb 5 20:01:10 CST 2002

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 12:16 pm, you wrote:
> On February 5, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> > Anybody got a card and cable for an SBUS expansion box? I can't put
> > framebuffers in there, can I?
>
>   If you can't then I'd say it's a pretty sucky expansion box.  But
> that's primarily a function of the OS.  If the OS doesn't know how to
> deal with bus bridges, then it sucks.

Yes, you can run framebuffers in the S-Bus expansion box.
I Used to run a three-headed ss20 that way.

The same three headed SS20 that had Dual SM100's in it.
Yes, it was slow, but you could just keep piling more and more work on it,
and it didn't get any slower...
Forgive my nostalgia, but that was the machine I broke my Quad-SMP cherry on.

George