[rescue] Wouldn't it be a hoot: (was: Death of a

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Feb 5 16:48:53 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:49:24PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> > service which is a Windows only service due to the fact that it runs on
> > a .dll file.  Wine would work but that hogs resources on a small Sparc and
> > I don't even know if you can run that without an actualy display.  'Course
>
> you can run wine on a Sparc?  I didn't think wine contained an x86
> emulation layer...I thought it was just an implementation of the Windoze
> API.

you can run bochs or plex86.  i ran win95 on my sparc20 at work when i was at
Mack Trucks, and it was extremely painful in the slowness area, but quite
stable.  should be able to install and run any x86 os that you'd like (i even
started to install linux at one point, but gave up after getting a new huge
project that consumed all my time)

-brian