[rescue] Wouldn't it be a hoot: (was: Death of a PDP-11/Clueless office people...)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Feb 5 12:13:08 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> hey wouldn't it be neat to set up a private server for listmembers to get
> together on...

sure, but not on my home bandwidth :-)... (56K)

and if I set it up here at work, I don't think I'd be playing because I'd
have to play from home at 56K and/or play here at work on (no machines...
i.e. all of our machines have terrible graphics adapters and are too slow
P200 or less with no 3D graphics)

Andrew
There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.