[rescue] SS10/20 death

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 5 10:47:36 CST 2002

"Loomis, Rip" wrote:

> In fact, I would rather have a dual SM51 system than
> a quad 100MHz Hypersparc system--but that's just me.

Why? I happen to have a quad SM51 SS20, and the one thing that keeps
nagging at me is the possibility of upgrading it to quad 100MHz
HyperSPARCs. The biggest advantage in my book would be the recovery of
those two SBUS slots, but I would think performance would improve in
some way, no?

> Thanks for the correction.  If all else fails for Brent,
> I have an Axil SPARC 10 clone that I believe might be
> sort-of-excess soon.

Hrm, if things don't fail for Brent, keep me in mind, would you?

---sambo