[rescue] Solaris 8 Differences

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Feb 4 23:41:52 CST 2002

[ On Monday, February 4, 2002 at 23:38:39 (-0500), George Adkins wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Solaris 8 Differences

> Oh, so you _*weren't*_  trying to add your truck to the comparison...
> My mistake.

I don't drive a Dodge anything -- I have a GMC 4x4!  ;-)

I was just trying to draw an analogy between putting 8 cu. yds. of
gravel in any pick-up truck and what happened to the truck in that other
thread that started with the link to the Cat 793 crushing the repair
truck....  :-)

when my truck was new (i.e. in 1989) it did the 1/4 mine pretty quickly
(though we never actually timed it), just barely being beaten in the
final stretch by a much lighter 2x4 Blazer, and that's with a 4-speed
manual tranny and me driving!  ;-)  Turns out I could take the Blazer at
the start every time by using all the traction with 4-wheel drive, and
with all 100% of the torque available through a manual tranny, but there
wasn't quite enough power in a stock factory-tuned engine to keep
pushing such a heavy machine even faster, at least not without a fifth
gear!

--
								Greg A. Woods