[rescue] Death of a PDP-11/Clueless office people...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Feb 4 15:16:49 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 nimitz at mail.owc.net wrote:

> You'll be interested to know that these guys:
> www.bnetd.org

<snip>

Sounds like fun.  Right now I'm just doing a straight TCP/IP connection.
I've never been on Battle.net except to patch the program.  We have a
couple of games open that we're doing right now.  What I'm waiting for is
a version that's carbonized for OS X.  I hate having to reboot to Mac OS
9.2 just to play (it's now the only reason I have for doing this).

It runs in Classic mode, but not fast enough on top of OS X.

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.