[rescue] SPARCstation 20

nate nate at nutopia.org
Mon Feb 4 13:52:08 CST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:21:25 -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
from what i remember, photoshop did indeed take advantage of the alpha
channel
on the rasterflex.  i'll have to dig up some of the old marketing info i
had
on the thing.
-brian
---

Hmm, does anyone have a copy of Photoshop for Solaris? Then I could test
it to see if it really is accelerated with a Rasterflex :) I do have to
say that the gimp runs surprisingly well. Some parts of the interface
are pokier (I assume poky integer unit?), but the actual operations
(like filters, color adjustment) I think are faster on my SS20 than my
ibm stinkpad 600e (366mhz pII, neomagic 128)... The SS20 has 80mb ram,
one SM61 and the Rasterflex-HR... Now if only I could compile gnome in
less than a week on this thing....

--

--Nathaniel Grady

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \