[rescue] Re: Way OT: Never trust Best Buy.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 3 20:53:41 CST 2002

On February 3, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   I've taken a pic and put it up at http://ti.neurotica.com/atomichron.jpg.
> > It's a little difficult to get to at the moment, kinda tucked in by
> > some other stuff so it's difficult to see...but I think you can get
> > the general idea from the pic.
>
> Ah, I think I saw it when I was in MD?

  Yup.  It was between the fireplace and the door to the computer room.

> gunmetal steel gray kicks ass.  I *so badly want* an old-style 50s
> "tanker desk".  Saw a couple of them at the local office surplus place
> yesterday, but demand from Martha Stewart wannabees has the price up
> around $175 each (most of the "normal" steelcase desks and such are
> around $35-55).

  Those Martha Stewart wannabees just need to get bent over one of those
steel desks and banged HARD up the ass.  REALLY hard.  Then the prices
will start tumbling down, as all the Martha Stewart wannabees discover
that they can't live without it, and the next time you walk into a
surplus place, every damn one of the desks will have at least one or
two crazy Martha Stewart-style women draped over it.  Yearning.

  Sheesh.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire