[rescue] I joined the SGI cult... Zeitnet anyone?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Feb 3 20:53:29 CST 2002

Today at the Livermore swap meet I managed to resist most things, but I
did pick up a teal SGI Indigo2 for $25 and a 17" monitor for $20.

The seller said it worked fine, but he left out the "before we took all
the memory out" part. Luckily I should have plenty of 72pin parity DRAM
around, so I'm hoping to get it up and running soon. Maybe I should've
picked up the $50 system (19" monitor, Indigo2, keyboard, maybe mouse) but
I was *really* trying to come home with less than I went with.

Anyway, on to my question...

There's what appears to be an ATM fiber card in this little guy. I
couldn't figure out yet how to get into the card cage to pull the card and
read the back (or see what the graphics card is... looks like the back of
a Creator3d card but the fiber card is on top of it). It is a Zeitnet card
with a part number of "300-0014-01" on a label on it. It has the SC fiber
connector, a green and a yellow LED, and a momentary-contact pushbutton
switch on the back.

Anyone have an idea of what this is from this description? Google hasn't
found me anything yet, but I'll keep looking on and off. I think I need to
find the right memory first. :)

Thanks,
Rob