[rescue] Re: Way OT: Never trust Best Buy.

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Feb 3 18:07:18 CST 2002

>  All the good ones are dangerous.  My Atomichron (circa 1951 cesium
>beam oscillator, 1400lbs) nearly fell on me when I moved into my new
>place.

Jeez.  They only made, what, ~50 of those?  NATCO, right?  Where'd you get
it?  Does it still work?  Does it drive an NTP server?

I was attempting to add a PPS output to my Earthmate GPS as part of my
quest for a high stratum NTP server, but it appears that I broke the
freakin' thing in the process.  Grr.  I've still got plans to put an Rb and
a few OCXOs tickers together, but I wanted the GPS as an absolute source as
well.

newell