[rescue] Death of a PDP-11/Clueless office people...

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Feb 3 16:25:00 CST 2002

> I also had a guy on the SNENUG (Souther NE Network Users Group) listserv say
> that MS DNS on Win2k is "one of the better DNS implementations out there".
> Needless to say, I tore him a new one.
>
> On the same list, a guy who runs a consulting company had *no idea* how to
> run a DNS and register a host with Network Solutions.  The same guy was
> flabbergasted that Network Solutions didn't handle MX records with their DNS
> services.
>
> Fucking morons....

As far as I can tell Windows in general has such brain-dead networking
code that Windows machines shouldn't even be *allowed* to connect to a
network. Anything that works *at*all* with standard protocols tries to
pervert them to the point where they don't *really* work with machines
other than Windows.

I hate Windows. I hate Windows networking even more.

Win 3.11:	"The network is busy" My ass, it is.
Windows 95:	"Make sure you typed the name correctly" I didn't type it, I
clicked on it.
Windows NT:	"No network provider accepted the given path" What friggin'
path?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

--
Steve Sandau