[rescue] Cheap like fire

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Feb 3 13:03:50 CST 2002

On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 03:25 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>>>   I've been called a System Weiner before.
>> <PEDANTIC>
>> I would assume you're talking about WIENERS (aka frankfurters)
>>
>> Weiner is a person who makes wine and also a common last name
>> Wiener is the correct word which means a person or thing that comes
>> from
>> Vienna.
>>
>> </PEDANTIC>
>
>   Remind me to never again try to crack a joke around you.
>
>      -Dave

The joke wasn't lost, quite funny... even though I'm not quite sure what
a NY System Wiener is... ?... (actual hot dog?)

I think that's one of maybe 3 words that drives me nuts when it's
spelled the opposite way, and not nuts in a serious fashion but rather a
"gotta straighten the pictures ob/comp way".   Sort of like effect vs.
affect.

Andrew