[rescue] Ultrix

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 2 20:17:37 CST 2002

On February 3, Kenneth Dunn wrote:
> > > I seem to recall reading that Ultrix could run on a vaxstation, is
> > > this true ?
> >
> >   Yes indeed, that is the case with most VAXstations, I believe.
>
> I just read an Ultrix FAQ... no shared libraries - YUCKY!

  Ultrix is a pretty old operating system, man.  If you want modern,
load NetBSD on that VAX.  It'll run great on that hardware, and is
about as modern as monolithic-kernel OS technology gets.

> My parents aren't too happy about me cramming all this computer equipment
> into my room. Got to sell/give away some of this PeeCee trash before I get
> more cool treasures.

  PeeCees.  Puke.  Throw 'em in the trash.

> *) Yes I'm nearly 30 and still live with my parents - does that make me a
> really fucked up NERD!? Nah actually I've had a missent youth with a
> twist of mental illness. But I'm 99.9% ok these days and am saving for a
> house.

  Yeah, I was gonna say, seems to me like you're in one piece.  Ask
your parents if they'd rather you grow tons and tons of pot in your
room.  They'll likely be more accepting of the computer hardware after
that. 8-)

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire