[rescue] VGA <-> 13W3 Converters

Rick McMullen rbmcmjr at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 2 19:26:18 CST 2002

On Saturday 02 February 2002 07:33 pm, you wrote:

> I must be tired.  I didn't see that these are cables that appear to
> be to connect 13w3 _monitors_ to _PCs_ - in that case it might not
> work...

This is another kettle of fish altogether.  13W3 output to VGA monitor
is a simple prospect (~$20.00 adapter).  VGA output to 13W3 monitor is
an excedrin headache number 439.  I've heard upwards of $100.00 and no
guarantee that it will work.

I also have a 13W3 to 4 BNC cable that I use to pipe my IRIX boxes into
a Dell 21" Trinitron (w/ dual inputs).  Cost $15.00 and works like a
champ.
--
Rick McMullen