[rescue] Ass like fire

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Feb 2 12:17:16 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 05:17:47AM -0500, George Adkins wrote:
> > Don't forget LSBc and MSBc issues...
> >
> > least and most significant butt cheek .
> >
> Crap.  We've forgotten all about endian-ness issues.  Can we do byte
> reordering? If /dev/ass is a block device, then does that mean that we can
> write to it as well as read from it?
> (Don't even go there, Dave, My /dev/ass is read-only,  and cannot be
> mounted...)

As far as endian-ness, this would only occur when more than one was
involved, I think.

Usually the device is modeled as a read-only, non-shared resource.

The only other thing you can usefully do with it is dump its contents
and then flush the buffer.

Any other methods would require at the least that you log the
transaction.

./patrick