[rescue] Re: VGA <-> 13W3 Converters

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Feb 2 09:28:55 CST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:

> I've found myself holding (2) 13W3 monitors lately, but have nothing with
> which to adapt these to HD15 VGA connectors. Can anyone direct me to a
> place local or other, where I can acquire such for an affordable price?

Depends on your definition of "affordable"... you can find Sun's X471A at
these two urls. Not sure why they're $5 apart.

http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=44578 $40
http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=43308 $45

There's one on ebay for $14.95 with 4d3h to go, and they even put photos
of the cardboard box up! How useful.

There may be other sources... X471A is the Sun option part number, so
maybe search shopping.yahoo.com or watch ebay.

Hope this helps,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows