[rescue] I'm about to get netscaped

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Feb 1 16:57:31 CST 2002

I had no idea I could create a map on your site.  All I saw
was a login box.  It's kind of like seeing a store with
a sign-in sheet at the door.  Even if I *had* to go in,
and there was no alternative without the sign-in sheet,
do you think I would give my real info?

Honestly, the privacy issue is tiny compared to the problem
that the home page gives absolutely no indication of what
I can do there.  At least show a sample map or something.
Better yet, put the input box on the home page, then
show a just-too-small map image, and ask for a brief
registration to see the full-size (legible) image.
Better yet, don't make required registration a
part of your business model.  Have people register
for additional features or services, after you have
them hooked on the incredible quality of your product.

Of course, I haven't seen the quality of the product yet...

KL